Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Why Won't God Fix This?

 


Why Won't God Fix This? 

 "Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me,"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:8-9) 

When I have a problem, a dilemma, a crisis, the question comes to me is; "God, why won't You fix this? I pray, and pray, and pray, and nothing happens." "Well God are You out there? Do you really exist? "If You do, do You really care?" "I can't resolve this myself, and I realize how limited I am, but You who are all knowing, and all powerful, is nowhere to be found." 

The apostle Paul spoke of how the Lord responded to his situation, when he wanted the Lord to remove a burden (unknown to us) from his life. Paul asked that it be removed three times, so it was something that was truly a constant burden. Here is the Lord's answer: "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
So what does this say to us? 

When we speak of God's grace, the first thing we should think about is our "salvation." If it were not for the grace of God, we would have to pay for our sins, and there would be no hope of having the gift of eternal life. Having this gift, is the greatest blessing one could have. If God brought salvation to us through His Son, He will provide the strength we need to endure what long-term burdens we face. 

No matter what we deal with in this life as Christians, God will give us the strength to endure. It may be His will to leave the burden in our lives, to produce a certain discipline, faith, and maturity, in our Christian walk. 

The Christian life is not problem free life, but it is a faith life. We are to trust God with every aspect of our lives. God has a good reason for not fixing the problems in our lives. But to know that He is with us, in every painful step we take, will help us to get through, and through it all, we will be stronger than we ever have before. GP 

 Photo: Counselling/1196 images/Pixabay License/Free for commercial use/No attribution required/www.pixabay.com