Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Who Am I? And, Why Am I Here?


 "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His Work." (John 4:34) 

When the disciples came back from buying food, Jesus makes a priority statement. They were urging Him to eat, but He uses food as an analogy for this priority missionary statement. "My food" (or) My reason for being in this world, is to do the will of (the Father) who sent Me, and to finish His work." His main work, as the gospels proclaim, was to be the Savior of the world. 

There are many of who ask the question, "Why am I here?, and what is the purpose for my life?" The key to answering that question is in establishing, and building, a relationship with Jesus Christ. In coming to know Jesus, we will know ourselves better, and we will have a better understanding of the Lord's purpose for our lives. 

 I like to watch old western movies. In many of the western films, they feature cowboys breaking wild horses to ride, and to be useful for the work on a ranch. Like a wild horse, the Lord Jesus wants to break us of our independent, self-sufficient, spirit, and have us submit to His care, and purpose for our lives. There were wild horses that would not be caught, and just ran wild, and were lost to the land. I am so glad that Jesus caught me, and is constantly taking care of me, and my family. 

You may say, "I love my freedom, I am free to do what I want."  But I notice, when I watch TV, and read what the media puts out, that a lot of people are enslaved by their sinful activities. Are people of the world really free? Free from sin, guilt, pride, fear? "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will reap. For he who sows to the flesh, will to the of his flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit, will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." 
(Galatians 6:7-8) How many lives have been destroyed because of seeds sown to the flesh? 

"Who are we? What is our purpose for life?" The answer is found in a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. You will come to know yourself better, and come to know what your "food" is, in accomplishing the Lord's will, and His work for your life. 

 Let Jesus be your Savior, and Shepherd today! Let Him open your eyes to a new life, that is abundant, fulfilling, and everlasting! GP 

 Photo: Vjgalaxy/113 images/Pixabay License/Free for commercial use/No attribution required/www.pixabay.com