Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, August 2, 2019

A Living Hope (A Tribute To My Mother)

As I write this, it has been two days since my mother's funeral. A very sad day for me, but not one of discouragement. I know that my mother is experiencing the hope that she claimed, and looked forward to.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade, kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time." (1 Peter 1:3-5) 

I know that in the midst of my mother's trying times, she clung to this "living hope" that all of us as Christians have. I want to ask you, if you know Jesus Christ as your Savior, and have you been baptized into Him, so you can have this "living hope" as well. Jesus is very much alive today, and lives to minister to us, as we journey to our eternal home.

Wednesday I stood with my family at the grave-site of my mother.
We saw all that was physical, all that was temporary. But in our hearts, we saw (through the eyes of faith) one who has left this world with it's blessings and burdens. My mother had flown to that eternal world, where the burdens of this life no longer exist. Instead of hope, she is experiencing the reality of that eternal peace, and joy contained in this hope Jesus spoke about. I just thank God so much for this precious hope.

My mother loved to sing. Together we sang the hymns, and Gospel songs that spoke of this eternal hope. For mom now, she is singing (not songs of hope) but songs of praise and thanksgiving.

Good-bye for now mom! I love you! Enjoy your new eternal home.
I look forward to joining you, when God calls me home! GP


Photo: Free Photos/9093 Images/Pixabay License/Free for commercial use/ No attribution required/www.pixabay.com