Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

For The Sake Of My Brethren

"for the sake of my brethren and companions, I will now say, "Peace be within you." Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek your good." (Psalm 122:8-9)

I have heard TV evangelists encourage their listeners to get involved in a local church. There should never be "Lone Ranger Christians." And in the local church, there should never be conflict, or competition for place and power.

Just as David prayed for peace in the house of the Lord, and prayed for peace for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, we should do the same for our local church. And along with this, David said: "Because of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your good."

It should be the desire of every Christian to seek the good of the local church. In other words, "How can I be a blessing to my brothers and sisters in Christ? How can I seek the good for all the members of my Christian community?

We should be like John the Baptist. In Luke 3:15-16, he knew he was not to claim the position of Messiah. He was to prepare the way for the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Do we know what God wants us to be, and to do in the Church?

 I believe in this Psalm, David has the answer: To pray for, and pursue peace, and work to seek the good of every member of the body of Christ. It is a mutual exchange of blessing. We try to be a blessing, and we are blessed in many ways, by being involved in the fellowship and ministry of the local church!

Are we involved today? GP

 Photo: OpenClipart-Vectors / 27431 images / Free for commercial use / No attribution required / www.pixabay.com