Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Rescue Me

["And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21] ["Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12] 

There are many who will ask: "Why do I need to be rescued?" "Rescued from what?" "I'm a good person, who is just as good as the next person." "I take personal responsibility for myself." "Why do I need a Savior?"
First of all, We need to be saved from our sins, and sinful nature. 
The Apostle Paul writes ["for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,..."Romans 3:23] In Jesus Christ we have a cleansing of our sins, and sinful nature. ["But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."]

Secondly, we need to be saved from ourselves. Paul also writes:
["For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me." Romans 7:19-20] There is an inner battle that goes on in all of us, to which we can not win ourselves.
["O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!"Romans 7:24-25]

We as Christians should be very grateful that we have salvation through Jesus Christ. He set us free the day we submitted to Him totally.
And He saves us from ourselves, every single moment we submit to Him, and allow Him to work in our hearts, and lives.

 The world needs a Savior, and that is why Jesus came to this world.
It is urgent that we share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We will not make it out of this world without Him. And people need to realize this, before it is too late! GP

 Photo: photosfor you / 3896 images / Pixabay License / Free for commercial use / No attribution required / www.pixabay.com