Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

A Look At "Me"

"Then I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; 
For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts." (Isaiah 6:5) 

The Apostle Paul writes: "Therefore, let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall." 
(1 Corinthians 10:12)

Just when you think, you have gained some ground in your Christian maturity; you find yourself doing things that are contrary to the will of God. Why is it that I cannot overcome things that erode my Christian character.

The prophet Isaiah did two things that made him aware of his spiritual condition, and what he needed to do, to change it.
 1. He Saw The Lord. (Isaiah 6:1-4) Isaiah had a life-changing vision of the Lord Jesus Christ. In my thinking, and my actions, the first question I should ask my self: Is this what Jesus would think and do? The Lord Jesus is the example for our lives. In His glory, and perfectness, we see our imperfection.
 2. He saw Himself. (Isaiah 6:6-10) It is a dangerous thing to think, that all is well with our lives, with our soul. Isaiah admitted that he was a sinner. He cried: "Woe is me!" "I am a man of unclean lips." This symbolized his sinful attitudes and actions. When we come before the Lord, and sincerely confess our sins, and desire to be forgiven, the Lord does as He did with Isaiah: He cleansed his heart.

It's time to come clean concerning our spiritual condition. If we are not what we should be, it's not too late to have a change occur in our lives. The question is: Will we do it? GP

 Photo: mohamed_hassan / 2957 images / CCO for commercial use / No attribution required / www.pixabay.com

The work of The Christian Journeyman © is supported by the faithful financial sponsors of this ministry. If you would like to be a financial sponsor, you may send your sponsorship gift, by check (or) Money Order, to: (TCJ c/o Gary Patterson, P.O Box 116, Pierson, Iowa, 51048) or send us your email address, and we will send you a "Request Money Form" from PayPal ® Thank you so much for partnering with us, in this work! Pastor Gary Patterson.