Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, June 21, 2019

Pace Perseverance

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10) 

Are things coming at you fast and furious?
Are you going at a pace that has you very overwhelmed? Life can get that way at times. Maybe you feel it is happening more often than you like. It can be the other way as well. You want life to happen, but it's not happening fast enough. The important question is: How can one find peace and contentment in both the fast, and slow paces of life?

Our text is one of my favorite Bible verses. I have found it to be a great comfort and encouragement when I have applied it's truth to my life. Like many people, I have struggled in both the fast, and the slow pace of life. I have become very anxious in dealing with the circumstances in both. In the process I have done what this verse tells us not to do, and that is to step ahead of God. I have tried to fix my problems, and accomplish my will, instead of that of my heavenly Father.

I read one of the interpretations of the Psalmist's words "Be still" to mean "let go". Let go, and let God have our lives in the fast and slowness of life. He is God. He created us, He sent His Son to save us, and He longs to take care of us on a daily basis.
The question is: Will we let Him?

At a fire house, is a fire truck. If that fire truck is to be effective in putting out both the big fires as well as the small, it must be properly maintained. It is the same with us. We need to let God properly maintain us, so we can deal with the challenges that come in this life. In so doing, we will find the peace and contentment we need, no matter how fast, or how slow, our world is turning around us. GP

Photo: composita / 10 images / Pixabay License / Free for commercial use / No attribution required / www.pixabay.com