Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Why Don't They Come?

"The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. 
Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so." 
(Acts 17:10-11)

 I like what the apostle Paul said about the Jews from Berea. When they came to the Jewish Synagogue "...they received the word with all eagerness..."

I don't know how many times (while leading, or attending a Bible study) I have heard this question: "Why don't people come?" "Why is there such a disinterest in studying the Bible?" I believe the answer is that it is not a priority with God's people. I know that I have become very discouraged, when I have prepared a Bible lesson, and few, (or at times) no one shows up.

 For us as Christians, we need to see the benefits of group Bible Study. It is an opportunity to encourage one another with the spiritual food from God's Word. If we are to be built up in our faith, hope, and love, we need to come together.
We need to strengthen one another with the Words of life.

Paul told Timothy this: "Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching." (1 Timothy 4:13)
I believe the keys words here are: "devote yourself." Make Bible study, individually, and in the group setting, A PRIORITY! Show up, and reap the blessings, God's Word has to offer! GP

 Photo: Free-Photos /9114 images/CCO Creative Commons/Free for commercial use/No attribution required/www.pixabay.com