Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

My Personal Purpose

"Then said I:“Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” But the Lord said to me:“Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. (Jeremiah 1:6-7)

 When we gave our lives over to our Lord Jesus Christ, He not only gave us a new life, but a new purpose. Like others in the Bible who God called to share the Word of God, Jeremiah was hesitant to do so. He said that he was a youth with no experience. How could he boldly stand before the people of Israel and tell them what the Lord wanted them to hear?

That question is for us today as well: How can we boldly share the gospel message of Jesus Christ, to those we know who have never claimed Him as their Savior? But just as the Lord gave Jeremiah assurance that He would be with Him, He will be with us as well.
"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." 
(Matthew 28:20c)

But we speak not only with our lips, but with our lives. How we live, and who is most important in our lives will speak volumes. If we live our lives totally for Jesus, this will make the greatest statement we could ever make. It takes courage to live for Jesus. It takes boldness to live a life that goes against the grain of the world.

The Christian life has many obstacles, but it is worth it all, when we think of what we have waiting for us when this life is done. Can we say today, that in letting our light shine for Jesus, that this will always be our life's personal purpose? GP