Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, August 28, 2017

Silent Hope

"And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You." (Psalm 39:7) 

No matter what the need is, we are to patiently and quietly, wait upon the Lord. In David's case, he had sinned, and he needed God's forgiveness.

Yes, there are those times when we need to bring our petitions to the Lord. But there are those times, when we must be silent before the Lord, and wait in our hopefulness.

We know in our hearts, that God knows what we need. He knows us better than we know ourselves. Sometimes I think that I treat God like He is a know-nothing being. In my times of distress, I feel as if, God does not understand what my needs are, or that He has forgotten me, and my trouble. Both are not the case. David was silent before the Lord, because He knew that He needed to stand in God's grace, and receive God's forgiveness and healing.

There are those times when my wife and I will sit in the same room, and just be silent. Nothing needs to be said, because both of us understand one another so well, and we both know what our needs are. There are times when it is good to be quiet together. We wait together, and together we hope in the Lord. GP

 Photo: Xusenru / 565 images - CCO Creative Commons - Free for commercial use - No attribution required. www.pixabay.com