Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, August 25, 2017

Living With A Mistake

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

 Five years ago I made a decision that was a big mistake. That wrong decision, had a big affect on me, and my family. How do you live with a mistake? It gnaws at your spirit continually, and many times I have shed tears of regret.

If you could just go back and change that decision, and rewrite the path that you took. But as the saying goes, "You can't cry over spilled milk!" But I have many times. No, we can't change the past. We have to move forward, and make the best of the consequences of a bad decision.

But I am thankful for the encouragement in our text. Even though we make mistakes, our awesome God forgives us, and promises to strengthen us, and uphold us, with His righteous hand. In His presence, I am encouraged. In His direction I am at peace. I don't know the future, but the Lord does.

The best thing for us is to do, is put our hand in the loving hand of the Lord, and let Him lead us to the green pastures, the still waters, to the destination He wants us to be.

Instead of mistakes, there will be successful milestones of faith. GP

 Photo: geralt /15252 images - CCO Creative Commons - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com