Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, March 4, 2024

Crucified With Christ

"I have been crucified with Christ; It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself up for me." (Galatians 2:20) I come to the cross of Jesus, and desire to lay down my life for Him, and for His kingdom. In 1975 I began my work as a pastor. In that time, I have had opportunity to serve the Lord with 100% submission, sincerity, and humility. Have I done so? The answer is "No" There have been times, that I wanted things to go my way, and looked for opportunities to do things my way. There were times that I was in such conflict with the Lord, that discouragement filled my heart, much of the time. What does it mean to come to the cross of Christ? It means crucifixion. It means death. Death of what? Not just our sins, but "Our will!" The Apostle Paul says in our text: "It is no longer I who live." If I die, than my will to do what I want, or what I think is best, dies too. It is Christ who lives, and it is His will that lives in us. It is Jesus who is obeyed, it is Jesus who is served, It is what Jesus wants for us, that should be the main focus of our lives. And when that happens, there will be such a feeling of peace and fulfillment one can't imagine. This week as we observe the passion of our Lord Jesus. Let's examine the depth of our passion for Him. As we approach His cross, what will we decide about our cross, and our life for Him? GP
Photo from www.jaesonma.net 365 Days Of Love: Day 175 - Met