Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Anger Again

"So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19-20) 

It happened again. I got angry again, over a trivial matter. Frustration set in, so I got angry again. And those around me, had to step away from me, to watch me explode. And then they became angry, because they could not calm me down.

 It has been three years, since I began my new relationship with the Lord. If I have a new relationship with Him, why is it, that I have an issue with anger? I know that part of the problem is  heredity. But the other part is still a faith problem.

The Lord is greater than all my problems. He is the solver of my problems, and the soother of my pain. There is nothing too big for Him. When things go wrong, and don't go my way, I need to remember to trust Him in the small things, as well as the big things.

James speaks to us about our anger. Should we never get angry? No, but we should be slow to anger. We shouldn't light a short fuse, every time something goes wrong. James says that man's wrath "does not produce the righteousness of God".

*I like what Wendy Alsup said in one of her posts (Wendy Alsup is the author of Practical Theology for Women, The Gospel-Centered Woman, and By His Wounds You Are Healed.)
"Anger submitted to God can morph into something God can use. But it must transform – perhaps into resolution, resolve, or conviction but always submitted to the constraints of Biblical language – before it can have any use in God’s kingdom." 

If  we will allow the Holy Spirit to have, all of us, than He will help us to be "slow to anger" and in so doing, produce the righteousness of God. instead of the selfishness of our heart.
In having our relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, be first and foremost, we will react, and respond to life's challenges, in the right way - His way!

Please pray for me, and all those who have an anger problem.
It is a challenge, but it is one that we can overcome! GP

* Theologyforwomen.org

 Photo: KERBSTONE/253 images/Pixabay Licence/Free for commercial use/No attribution required/www.pixabay.com