Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Our Place In This World

"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." (Proverbs 16:9) 
There was a time when I was not a fan of Christian contemporary music. When it came to Christian music, I was a strict traditionalist. I still am today.
I like the old hymns, and old Gospel songs. My son has been a fan of Michael W. Smith for years.     When he would play his music, I would hear the messages of the songs. The one song that was very popular, that got people thinking about their lives was "Place In This World" In the 40 years of pastoral ministry, I have seen people who didn't do much with their lives, and others, who really made an impact for the Lord, in the things they accomplished. Many are asking this question: "Where is my place in this world?" What am I supposed to be doing? Why am I here on this planet? There are two things to look at in establishing our purpose in this world. First, we need to look at what our place is with the Lord. Have we placed ourselves in the Savior? Have we repented of our sins, and been baptized for the cleansing of those sins (Acts 2:38) to establish our place with Jesus Christ forever? Second, we need to look at our place in the Lord's Kingdom. We are to join with fellow Christians in being "kingdom builders". We place ourselves as salt, and light (Matthew 5:13-16) in this world for Jesus Christ. To be used by Him, to bring people who are lost, to Him. By keeping an open heart to the Lord, and an open mind to the opportunities that will come our way; we will find our place in this world, and find great fulfillment in all that we do! GP
Photo by Ambro. Published on 25 June 2011 Stock photo - Image ID: 10047018
www.freedigitalphotos.net