Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Lesson Aim For Your Life

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)    In the courses of Christian education, we are taught that in developing Bible lessons, we must establish and present the "Lesson Aim". That theme of Bible truth, that is at the core of the lesson. In any passage of Scripture, or in any topical Bible study, what is the main point, we want our students to get? It is the theme from which we establish our sub-points, and any illustrations or analogies to highlight the main point of the lesson. If I were to ask you what the "Lesson Aim" for your life would be, what would you say? Of all the truths from the Bible that you needed to learn, which one would be the main one for your life?  I will tell you mine, and let's see if you can relate to it. From Isaiah 43:1 "But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine." The main lesson that I needed to learn, was: I belong to Jesus. I am His, and I am to love Him, obey Him, and serve Him. I have had many things to learn in my life's journey, but this lesson has affected the decisions of my life. Again, I ask, what is the "Lesson Aim" for your life? GP
 Photo by Stuart Miles. Published on 21 June 2013 Stock photo - Image ID: 100179228
www.freedigitalphotos.net