Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, September 22, 2017

Who Is Running Your Life?

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me." 

(Galatians 2:20) 

What would you say to someone who wanted to run your life? There may be some who would summit to someone taking control of their life. But I would say, that most people would resent someone trying to take control.

There are those exceptions when someone gets old, and is not able to take care of themselves, Then it falls on a family member, or even a close friend, to provide the care necessary.

In our text, the Apostle Paul states clearly that Jesus Christ is in control of His life. The life that he lives in the flesh is not in his control, but in the control of Jesus Christ. He is in the driver's seat now; and Paul is very glad of that. We as Christians should be glad of that as well.

If there is one thing I can say about me directing my life. I have no idea what I am doing. The decisions I have made, have been a disaster.
What I should have done, is allowed the Lord to direct me, through His Word, and His providence. In so doing, things would have gone a whole lot better.

As Christians, the Lord should come first, and His will for our lives should come first. When they don't, we are headed to certain disaster. The Lord knows what is best for us. We need to let Him run our lives, so we can experience the best that He has to offer! GP

Photo: Pixabay.com