Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Carry Me!

"You saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son." (Deuteronomy 1:31) 

Kelsey’s daddy was reading to her, just as he did nearly every night before she went to sleep. She had picked the zoo book, and to her active imagination it was as if she and Daddy were there. She looked happily at the pages with the giraffes, zebras, and elephants. But when they got to the page with the grizzly bears, she said, “You would have to carry me.” She said the same thing when she saw the gorillas on the next page. Curious, her dad asked her why he would have to carry her. “Because I’d be scared,” came her straightforward reply. (Our Daily Bread 2/24/2000) 

There are times when life scares me. So much so, that I feel like crying out to the Lord, "Lord Jesus, please carry me!" If there is one thing that I have learned in the times of trouble in my life, is that I can never take life on by myself. There are times when I need to be carried.

There is a poem that I have read at the end of one of my sermons entitled: "Footprints In The Sand" And that line where the Lord answers this troubled one concerning His presence during the trial: "When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

If you are troubled today, know this! You are loved by the Lord Jesus Christ. He wants to be your Savior, your deliverer, your shepherd, and the one who will carry you, when life gets to be more than what you can handle! GP

 Photo: 5712495 / 41 images - CCO Creative Commoms - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com