Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Seek First!

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33) 

If there is one thing that I would list as a major challenge in people's lives, it is the setting of priorities. And what should be at the top of the list? As Christians, what Jesus mentions in our text, is to be the most important pursuit in our lives. "But seek first His Kingdom, and His righteousness." 

I like what Matthew Henry writes in his commentary: "We must mind heaven as our end, and holiness as our way." 

Whatever God wants us to be, and whatever He wants us to do, must come first. And in all things with our relationship with God, there must be faith. To be what He wants, and to do what He wants, requires faith in Him, to help us to accomplish His will for our lives.

Personally, too often, I try to step ahead of God, and His will for my life. If things are not going the way I think they should, I try to take things on, by myself. I don't Go God's way, I go my way. And then I find myself in trouble. I become very disappointed with myself, because I cannot obtain it on my own.

The promise in our text is: If we make God's business our business, He will take care of our business, and things will be better than one's selfish pursuit.

What ever is needed for our well-being, God will provide (Philippians 4:19) God wants us to always put our relationship with Him first, and service for the Kingdom first. And in the process of accomplishing this, our needs will be met. This is a promise that you can take to the bank! GP

Photo: Bev / 52 images - CCO Public Domain - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com