Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Rest In Our Distress

"For the enemy has persecuted my soul; He has crushed my life to the ground; He has made me dwell in dark places, like those who have long been dead. Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me; My heart is appalled within me."(Psalm 143:3-4)

 As I write this post, I know that there are many who feel like David, who was very overwhelmed in his spirit. Dealing with those who were oppressing him. It became more than he could handle by himself. And He pleas with the Lord to answer his prayer quickly, because his spirit is failing.

I don't know what you are dealing with today. There are so many challenges in this life, that we face on a daily basis. But I like the last line of words in (v.9) David says: "I take refuge in Thee." 
David knew that He had someone to hold on to, until the storm passed, and he could see the clouds of his trial, break up, and go away. The best person to hold on to, is the Lord.

Have you accepted the Lord as Savior of your sins? Have you determined that as you journey through this life, that you want the Good Shepherd to care for your every need? The Lord promises to be both to you. Having peace with God, we can enjoy the peace He gives, in those times when our spirit is overwhelmed within us. It's great to know that, as Christians, we have someone who will provide rest, in our distress (Matthew 11:28-30) GP

 Photo ID 6291790 © Martin Applegate | Dreamstime.com