Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Taking On The Giant!

"For the enemy has persecuted my soul; He has crushed my life to the ground; He has made me dwell in darkness; like those who have long been dead. Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me; My heart within me is distressed" (Psalm 143:3-4) How low can you feel? In Psalm 143, David feels pretty low. He calls on the Lord to help against past enemies. Satan our enemy can cause things to happen in our lives, that will bring us to a breaking point. But I am sure that David remembered the time when he took down a giant, not only with a little stone, but in the strength and power of the Lord. The giant may seem big, and intimidating, but there is no power in the universe greater that that of our awesome God. And when we feel overwhelmed we need to remember to do what our spiritual 911 number tells us: "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 91:1) Yes, the Almighty. Let's bring our cares to Him, and pray, that in His way, and in His time, He will bring about the results, that are in line with His will. Let's walk in faith, and place ourselves in the eye of the storm, where God is, and feel the peace, that only He can give. GP