Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

More Than A Name Or A Number

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; 
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5)

 Our hearts go out to the families of the victims of the horrific terror attack in Orlando, Florida. I have written several articles in regard to the murderous acts committed, in the time that I began The Christian Journeyman. I wish I didn't have to write any of them. But we refuse to see ourselves as a people of God, and a people of His purpose.

We are more than just a name or a number; we are persons who before we were born, were known by God. Our purpose is not to kill each other, but our purpose is to love one another, as Christ loved us, and gave Himself up for us. Our purpose is to love people and to help them know Jesus, so they can have eternal hope.

Evil shows up in many areas of our society. Religion is just one of those places where Satan shows his evil presence. The answer is not in more regulation, or the right political positions, but the answer to the violence and loss of life, is in Jesus Christ.

In Him there is direction, truth, and life. (John 14:6) With Him, you are more than a name, and a number, you are a person who is loved dearly by the Savior. GP

 Photo ID 10878648 © Dave Bredeson | Dreamstime.com