Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, September 21, 2015

Waiting

"I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, and heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1) Are you a patient person? This is one area I have trouble with. I am not good at waiting. If there is a problem I am dealing with, I want an answer right now. If I am going through a trial, I want to get to the other side of it, right now. In this verse, David does not say that God responded to him right away. He said, "I waited patiently for the Lord." What do we do while we wait for the Lord to hear our petition, and deliver us? Do we go out of our minds? Do we panic, and go ahead and do foolish things, that we will regret later? No, we stay focused on the Lord, and we spend this time, being involved in things that are productive. Like being in the Word of God, and searching for those truths that will encourage us, and sustain us through this painful wait. We look for opportunities to help others who are hurting also. We are not alone in our plight, there are others who are suffering as well. The Lord will show up in His time, and in His way. There are two things we need to remember each time we are called to wait for the Lord. First: In His time He will answer. Second: You can bank on the fact, that when the answer does come, it will be the best answer for our lives. GP
Photo by David Castillo Dominici. Published on 14 March 2013 Stock photo - Image ID: 100147080
www.freedigitalphotos.net