Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, April 20, 2015

A Battle We Can Win

"For the good that I will to do, I do not do, but the evil I will not do, that I practice." (Romans 7:19) How many of us as Christians win the battle of self will? To know what is immoral, evil, bad for us in many ways, and yet we go ahead and do it, because we do not have self-control. Self-control is one of the fruit of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-23) There is a constant battle that goes on, between our inner self, and the work of the Holy Spirit. And because we have freedom of choice, we tend to choose that which our inner self wants to experience, or accomplish. With me, more times than I can count, I have felt bad after I had done something that I knew was not the leading of the Holy Spirit. I believe that the Holy Spirit convicted me of the thought, and the act. It is a strong battle, but it is a battle that we can win. The key is totally allowing the Holy Spirit to have control. In our submitting to the Holy Spirit, we need to begin each day, or take time each day, to be in prayer, and in the Word of God. If you don't allow time for the Holy Spirit to teach, and to empower, we will not develop the strength to withstand the temptations to sin against God. With the Holy Spirit's help we can win this battle. I remember that Joseph in Genesis, had such a desire and strength to not sin against God. (Genesis 39: 11-12) May we have the same! GP Photo by Witthaya Phonsawat. Published on 02 January 2014 www.freedigitalphotos.net