Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Running For Your Life

One day a hound dog went hunting by himself in the woods. He spotted a rabbit in the underbrush and chased him out into the open. The rabbit darted this way and that. The dog followed.
The rabbit ran, with the dog at his heels, around trees and through an open field. When the dog began to tire of the chase, the rabbit, with one last burst of energy, dashed into the thicket and escaped to safety. As the dog turned back for home, a goat herder who had seen the chase jeered at him, saying, "Some hunter you are! You let that rabbit get the best of you!" "You forget," replied the tired dog, "about the rabbit's strife! I was only running for my supper. He was running for his life!" http://www.storyarts.org/library/aesops/stories/running.html The Apostle Paul writes: "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members." (Romans 7:23) As Christians, we all feel the vulnerability to sin. It is like we are running from it, but yet we find ourselves being captured by it. In Romans 7, Paul expresses his frustration over the conflict. "For the good that I will to do, I do not do, but the evil I will not to do, that I practice." (Romans 7:19) Paul gives us the remedy to this conflict:
"O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 7:24-25a) It is not in ourselves to overcome the temptations to sin, but the power comes, when we act upon the Lord's teachings. To follow through with His principles, even when our passions are at a high pitch. The answer is not to run from sin, but to run to our Lord Jesus, and with His help, stand up to sin, and find the victory in Him. GP
Picture By ID 22396968 © Denis Barbulat | www.dreamstime.com Thank you!