Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Have Patience!

Have Patience, Have Patience,
Don't Be In Such A Hurry!
When You Get Impatient,
You Only Start To Worry!
Remember, Remember,
That God Is Patient Too!
And Think Of All The Times, When Others
Had To Wait For You!
(I hope I have the words right to this little song that I learned while in pastoral ministry.)
I don't know about you, but I have a tough time with patience. I am almost as bad as the lady who went into a grocery store and asked, "Do have anything quicker than instant?"
I like the words of David in Psalm 40:1-2
"I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me, And heard my cry.
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps."

There is no better place to go, when life has you in a horrible pit of anxiety and despair, than to the Lord. To a rock of stability and peace. When I go to the Lord, and wait for Him, He always shows up, with the provisions I need.
I don't know where you are today. If you are in a pit of trial and trouble, just be patient, and wait on the Lord. He will show up in His time, and with His help and strength. Is it so bad to be still and wait?
What is accomplished by stirring and fretting? We will only bring an avalanche of trouble down on ourselves. Let's agree today to do as David said:
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him"
(Psalm 37:7a) How blessed we will be, when we do.(GP)