Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, February 26, 2024

The Blessing Of Belonging

"For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand." (Psalm 95:7) 

Maybe some will laugh at this picture I have had in my mind. A picture of me being a sheep, eating grass in a pasture, (along with other sheep) and I look over and see the shepherd standing close by. And after I see him, I go back to feasting on the grass of the pasture. I am at peace because I know he is standing by.

 As I have driven home from work on those late dark nights, this picture has given me peace. My Good Shepherd, the Lord Jesus Christ is with me, wherever I go, wherever I am.

There is a great sense of security in belonging to a family, and being apart of a group of good friends. As we gather together for Christmas activities, we can give thanks that there are those around us, we can pour our lives into, and receive the love and support, that we so need, as we go through this life.

We may not agree on everything. But one thing we can agree on; is that we need each other. But most of all we need the Lord Jesus Christ.
No matter if life is bringing us down, or lifting us up, we need to get as close as we can to Him.

 How often do we pray, and communicate with Him? How often are we in His Word, to find wisdom, and encouragement?

I am so glad that I belong to Jesus. I am His. You can belong to Him too; and enjoy the blessings of His presence, protection, and provisions.
And the greatest blessing: His peace. GP

 Photo: bildgebende_Momente / 46 images / CCO Creative Commons / Free for commercial use / No attribution required / www.pixabay.com