Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Afraid Of The Dark?

"This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." 
(1 John 1:5) 

There are many who have various phobias. I am one of them. I am afraid of the dark. As I am writing this post, I am mindful of having to drive to work in the dark early in the mornings. I dread doing that deeply.

When your vision is limited, and the darkness gives you a huge sense of insecurity (not to mention an eerie feeling) to me, it justifies being afraid. What has been a great comfort to me, is knowing that with every mile I travel, the Lord is my traveling companion.

 The Apostle John in his first letter, tells us that if we have fellowship with God, we place ourselves in a place where there is not spiritual darkness at all. "God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all." (v.5)

But where selfishness and sin abide, there is not only darkness, but the result is destruction. My question is: Why would someone want to be involved in the evil and world things that make up this spiritual environment?

In this place, there is so much disappointment and despair, that leads to so much misery. Is this what we really want? The blessings of God are so much better. These blessings, such as joy, hope, peace, contentment are apart of walking in God's light. I ask you: Is the light on where you are? In Jesus Christ, it can be! GP

 Myrianms-Fotos / 1318 images - CCO Creative Commons - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com