Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, August 18, 2017

The Yo-Yo Of Life

"I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound.." (Philippians 4:12) 

I remember as a young boy, playing with a yo-yo. It was fun to see if you could keep it in motion, going up and down, on that thin white string. Now as an adult, I never thought that my life would be like a yo-yo, experiencing the ups and downs of life.

In 2008, when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, that was a down time for me. But thanks be to the Lord, He got me through that difficult time, and brought me up to a time of victory and joy.

How did the Apostle Paul know how to be abased, and how to abound? How did he know how to stay in the balance, between the ups and downs of life? His answer is found in the next very familiar verse: 
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (v.13) 

It is the power to endure the down times. The strength to look at the mountain of trials, and say. "You will not overwhelm me, you will not destroy me, because with the Lord Jesus Christ. I am more than a conqueror. In the Lord's strength I will conquer you."

Then the question comes: How can we acquire this power to endure? The key is submission. We are to submit ourselves to the Lord, in all things. During times of trial, we are to give everything over to Him.
And believe me, that is hard to do. But once we do, we find more strength, than we ever thought possible.

Today, as I write this, I am working on placing my whole life in the Lord's hands. Where He leads, I will follow. If we believe that God is faithful, than we must be faithful to follow wherever He leads. GP

 Photo: piviso / 48 images - CCO Creative Commons - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com