Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, February 9, 2017

A New Thing

“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:18-19) 

I have shared these familiar words in other posts concerning the past. "The past is a good place to visit, but certainly not a good place to stay."

The past is the place where we take a look at our good and bad memories. A place where we can learn from our mistakes. It is also a place where we can see the hand of God working in our lives. Through life's past experiences, God was with us, and helped us to grow, and mature, and develop a confidence that is stronger than before.

God had worked mightily in delivering the nation of Israel out of Egyptian bondage. But now He says (through the prophet Isaiah) "Behold, I am doing a new thing" Yes, the former mercies
must never be forgotten, but the new mercies must be embraced.
Israel was in Babylonian captivity because of their idolatry, and their disobedience to God's will for them as a nation. But God's promise to them was:"Now, I am doing something new", Not only would He bring them out of Babylon, but He would get them to their homeland.

 I know in my life, I am not the same person I used to be. God has brought deliverance and change. But He is working all the time on something new for me, and for you. The key is to submit totally to the will and purpose of God.

In trials, the Lord pulls us back like an arrow, and then in His time,
He lets us go, to hit the target of His will, and purpose for our lives.

Let us never be discouraged, because God is always doing: 
"A New Thing!" GP

 Keliblack / 22 images - CCO Public Domain - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com