Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Where There Is No Vision

"Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, but happy is he who keeps the law." (Proverbs 29:18)

 One day, I opened my eyes to find little black spots moving around. This was just in my right eye. Four months later, they show up in my left eye, along with brown spots, and stringy stuff, I don't know how to describe. The doctor says, they are "floaters." They are apart of the aging process. Nothing can be done, unless you have a huge amount of money to take care of them with laser treatment (so I am told)

 I have come to realize how important one's vision is. Especially our spiritual vision. Have we come to see clearly what God wants us to be, and to do? Do we see that He wants us to place Him as first in our lives, and to be completely obedient to His Word?

Solomon writes in our text, that "Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained" In other words, where there is no understanding and application of God's Word, people will go ahead and do whatever they feel is right, in their own eyes. Look at our world today, and tell me that this isn't our reality. If people today, would put into practice the principles of God's Word, we would not have the problems, we have in our world today.

 When it comes down to you and me, how are we doing, in following God's eye chart, for healthy spiritual vision? Do we see clearly what is expected of us?

I realize that there are times, when we must wait for God to reveal His will in certain situations. But just like with the "Floaters"; with proper diet, and a lot of patience, I wait for my vision to get better.

In His time, God will reveal His will to us. The important thing, when we see it, is to faithfully follow through with it! GP

 chucksink / 2 images - CCO Public Domain - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com