Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, January 30, 2017

An Example Of Excitement

 "I was glad when they said to me, Let us go into the house of the Lord." Our feet have been standing within your gates, O Jerusalem." Psalm 122:1-2) 

Years ago the church was the main social center of the community. I remember a church that I served in 1979, back in the 1930s they had a men's Sunday School class that averaged 500 in attendance, and the ladies' class was not far behind. And I am sure that the children's classes were very numerous back then.

But today, the church takes a back seat to, sports, music events, social events, television, video games, etc. Our enemy Satan is using a lot of various activities to pull young people away from the Church.

This may be an old fashioned statement, but I believe that the responsibility of having young people attend Bible school, and church services, are placed upon the shoulders of the parents. Some may think that the statement that Joshua made to the nation of Israel, is too hash, and forceful. "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15c) I believe that Parents must set the pace for the family to place Sunday Bible School and worship as a priority.

But I also feel that the Psalmist used a word in our text that is essential, regarding our Sunday Church experience. It's the word "glad." "I was GLAD when they said to me, let us go in the house of the Lord." 

Are we as parents excited about going to Church? Do we feel it is important for us? Yes there are problems at Church, just as there are problems in every family. But if love reigns where you go to church, than problems can be worked out, and the experience of worship, Bible Study, and fellowship will be cherished. Not only by us, but by those young people who are looking to us for an example. GP

 Unsplash / Source: unsplash.com - CCO License - Free for personal and commercial use - No attribution required - www.pexels.com