Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Identifying Our Source Of Light

"For with you is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light." (Psalm 36:9) 

Laurie Beth Jones has written a book entitled: "Jesus Life Coach." One of the chapters is entitled: "Identify Your Source Of Light." She writes: "I have found that anytime I am having a problem, or when I coach people through their own personal obstacle courses, one of the first things that needs to be discerned is where the light is coming from." 

As an eBay marketer, I deal with light all the time, as I take photos of the items I am selling. Yes, I have to see where the light is coming from, to get the best image I can.

 In the midst of the darkness brought about by our trouble and despair, we need to find a light that will lead us to hope and victory. A light that will guide us, as we travel this darkened path. "Again therefore Jesus spoke to them saying: "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12) 

I have been told that someone who is in a deep dark depression, didn't just get to that state of mind overnight. It took some time to get under the umbrella of this deep despair; and it will take time to travel back out, if they can see a light of hope, they can follow.

That light is non other than the Lord Jesus Christ. Through His Word, His presence, and His providence, we will find our way to peace, and joy everlasting, even in the midst of trial.

I don't know what you are dealing with today. But I hope that in whatever it is, you will truly look, and identify your source of light.
It is there for everyone, if they will truly desire to turn to Jesus, for their life's journey. GP

 AliceKeyStudio / 207 images - CCO Public Domain - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com