Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, December 8, 2016

I'm A Sinner?

 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.." (Romans 3:23) "Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin." 
(James 4:17) 

I'm a sinner? When did this happen?

 I may have a lot of disagreement about this, but I believe that when a person comes to have a realization of what is right, and what is wrong, and chooses the wrong, that person has entered into a state of sin.

According to our text, the Apostle Paul says that all of mankind has done this, from our first parents, Adam and Eve, until now. When we know the right thing we should do, and we fail to do it, (according to James) we have sinned.

In Ezekiel 18:20 the prophet speaks and says: "The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the faither's iniquity. Nor for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself." 

To me, "sin" is an individual choice. If we are too young to understand the meaning of that choice, I don't believe that the Lord will hold us accountable. But once we "know" we are held to the standards set forth in God's Word.

Yes, I'm a sinner. But I am a sinner, saved by the grace of God,

 Have you allowed Jesus to be your Savior today? He will, if only you will surrender your soul to Him today!  GP

 Photo ID 1973701 © Dawn Hudson | Dreamstime.com