Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Come Clean

"When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away Through my groaning all day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of summer. Selah. I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I did not hide; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord”; And You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah. (Psalm 32:3-5) 

This Psalm grew out of David's experiences with the Lord, after he had committed adultery, and had tried to hide his sins (2 Samuel 11-12)

How guilt takes it's toll, not only on our spirit, but on our physical bodies.
We can identify with David, and the misery he shares in our text. It may have been a wonderful experience, during the time of the sinful activity. But then when he realized that he had totally disobeyed God, and had hurt other people, how did that make him feel? He thought that he could get away with it, but his sins found him out.

The best remedy is to confess our sins to God. To come clean, and let Him know, sincerely, that we are sorry for our sinful thoughts, desires, and activity.

If we are sincere, the Lord promised that as He forgave David, He will forgive us as well. Don't dwell in misery, come clean, and allow the Lord Jesus Christ, to restore you. You will be happy when you do! GP

 Photo ID 24108313 © Paulus Rusyanto | Dreamstime.com