Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, October 21, 2016

An Ambassador's Aim

"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were entreating through us, we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God." (2 Corinthians 5:20)
My online dictionary defines an "ambassador" as being: "an accredited diplomat sent by a country as its official representative to a foreign country."a person who acts as a representative or promoter of a specified activity."

As a Christian, where ever I go, whatever I say, whatever I do, I represent Christ. I am to do as Jesus said in Matthew 5: 16 "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." That is a tall order.

I am not a perfect witness all the time. And there are times I would be ashamed, because I don't always do what the Lord expects of me. Have you been there?

But it is something that we should never give up on. The Lord certainly doesn't want us to give up, and say to Him, as well as to ourselves: "I am just not worthy to be a sold witness for you!" I believe that the Bible tells us to let our light shine, by loving others, and ministering to their needs.

We may not be perfect, but the love of Christ is. Even though we are broken vessels, what we have inside is so precious, and necessary, for people to have. And that is a relationship with Jesus Christ.

We can say to those who are lost in this world. "Come and meet a person who is helping me to overcome my sins and weaknesses." What He is doing in and through me, He can do the same for you.

Yes, in spite of our weaknesses, we can still be an ambassador for Christ, and encourage people to be reconciled to God, through Christ! GP

 Photo ID 11545819 © Jirikabele | Dreamstime.com