Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, August 12, 2016

My Life, Or God's

"My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways." (Proverbs 23:26) 

As a Christian, is the life that I live, my life, or does it belong to God?

I think about the story of the little boy you built a little sail boat, and took it down to the lake to float it in the water. Everything was find until the little boat got away from the little boy, and he had to watch his little boat disappear from site. Then one day he was passing a store, and he saw his little boat in the storefront window. Right away, he went in, and purchased his little boat. As he walked home with his little boat, in his hands, he said: "Little boat, you are twice mine, first I made you, and then I bought you."

We are like that little boat; created by God, and then lost because of sin.
But then through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus, we were purchased with His precious blood. We are not our own. We belong to God. We are His children, we are apart of His wonderful family.

In the time that we have, it is not the time to be selfish with our lives.
We must always ask the questions: What does God want my life to be? What does God want me to do with my life? When God reveals the specific things concerning His will, He expects us to follow through! GP

 Photo ID 2782469 © Barbara Helgason | Dreamstime.com