Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Correcting Our Character

"For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. (Romans 7:15-17) 

Is the way that people see us, the way the Lord wants us to be seen? In other words, are we showing the character of God when we interact with people everyday?

Just because we have become Christians, does not mean that we have arrived at displaying, a life that is totally Christ like. In our text, the Apostle Paul said that there were things that he did, he knew was wrong, but yet he did them anyway.

What is it that causes us to do those things, that we know are not right, and is offensive to God, as well as to others. How can we as Christians act this way? 
It is a constant inner struggle, that all of us as Christians have. That is why it is important that we have patience with one another.

In v.24 Paul asks, "Who will set me free from the body of this death?" He gives thanks, to Jesus Christ (v.25) who is the only one who could help him, and who can help us, with this battle. Jesus, in His time, will help us to show the right character, constantly. We need to cooperate with Him, and that means, that we must humble ourselves, and submit to His workings in our lives. GP

 Photo by Master isolated images. Published on 04 August 2014 Stock photo - Image ID: 100279442 www.freedigitalphotos.com