Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Are We Ready?

"Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming." (Matthew 24:42) 

I don't like being critical, but when I look at our society today, I wonder: If the Lord were to come today, at this very hour, how many people would be prepared for His coming? How many people would have established a life saving relationship with the Lord?

If He would come today, He would find such immorality, such apathy and indifference. In our churches, He would find programs of entertainment, instead of evangelism. If I remember right, in the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) you won't find one word mentioning entertainment as being the priority. We are not to go and entertain the nations, we are to "go and make disciples of all the nations." (v.19)

But I need to stop criticizing, and consider myself: Am I ready to meet the Lord when He comes? Am I trying to help as many people as I can, be prepared when the Lord returns? I shouldn't throw bricks, if I am living in a glass house.
I need to be a better example of one who is excited about the Lord's return.

As I wait, I need to live for Jesus, and minister the Gospel, every opportunity that comes my way. I want to be able to answer the question: "Am I ready? And I want to help many others, be able to answer confidently: "Yes, We are ready!" GP

Photo by stockimages. Published on 05 November 2013 Stock photo - Image ID: 100215430
www.freedigitalphotos.net