Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, May 6, 2016

Our Church Family

 "I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." (Psalm 122:1) 

We come to church to worship the Lord, that is paramount. But it is a great feeling, and should always be a great feeling. to get together with your church family.

To say as Bill Gaither writes: "I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God, I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood! Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod, For I'm part of the family, The Family of God."

 I owe a great debt to my home church. They helped me as a child to know the Lord, they ordained me to the work of pastoral ministry. They visited me, at some of the churches I served. They prayed for me, when my family and I went through some challenging times. At different times, they gave gifts of money to support us.

Your church family is a vital support group for you, when you are in need. both spiritually, and physically. I have heard people say, that when they miss a church service, or Bible School on Sunday morning, that their week, just doesn't seem right. There is something missing.

The more that go and join with fellow Christians, to worship, to study, to pray, and serve the Lord, the tighter that bond of love becomes. You realize that your relationship with your church family is something that you can, and should not, live without! GP

 Photo ID 25967878 © Americanspirit | Dreamstime.com