Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, April 4, 2016

How Long?

"How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?" (Psalm 13:1-2) 

Four times David asked God, "How long?" Where was God, in David's troubled times?

We can definitely relate to this. At one time or another, we have gone through the same thing. We have felt abandoned by God. When we have gone through a difficult trial, how many of us have asked God, "How long?" When will you bring me the answer I need, in resolving this problem. or better yet, when will you deliver me completely, from this trial I am going through?

Yes, sometimes prayer means wrestling. In prayer, it is a process of working through various things involved in our trials. Over and over again we are reminded that we must "wait on the Lord" (such as Psalm 27:14) In His way, and in His time, He will answer our prayers, and He will respond in the way that is best.

Faith is not an easy endeavor. But the joy of it, is to know that we can bring our problems to the Lord, and abide in the shelter of His presence. Alone with God, we can struggle together. It a very miserable experience to suffer alone, but to have someone by our side, is priceless.
Our fellowship with God, makes our times of "How long" much easier! GP

Photo by nenetus. Published on 30 September 2015 Stock photo - Image ID: 100365525
www.freedigitalphotos.net