Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Can We Know For Sure?

"In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you." (John 14:2) 

Do we ever think about our future eternal home? Is there great anticipation to get to the place where we will spend eternity? How big will it be? How beautiful will it be? What will we be able to do, once we get there?

To be honest, for me, just getting there, and being there, will be enough for me. I can wait to understand the full extent of my eternal blessings. Not that I'm not excited about them.

But to answer the question: How can we know for sure that this is going to take place? How can we know for sure that there is a place being prepared specifically for us, when this life is through?

As is in all matters in the Bible, we must take Jesus' answer on faith:
"If it were not so, I would have told you." (v.2) That is a very bold statement to make. You can feel the confidence in those words.
In essence what Jesus is saying is: "I'm not lying to you, My Father is preparing a place for you. "Why would I tell you something that isn't true?" 

This is enough for me. Jesus proved by His resurrection, that He is Lord over death, and paved the way for us to have eternal life, and a path to our eternal home.

Not by sight, yet, but by faith, we can... know for sure! GP

 Photo by basketman. Published on 11 April 2012 Stock photo - Image ID: 10079471
www.freedigitalphotos.net