Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Light To The Lonely

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10) 

Are you feeling lonely this Christmas season?
Does loneliness enter your heart often? You can be with a large group of people, and feel like the loneliest person on the face of the earth.

I don't want to spend time talking about what contributes to our loneliness, because it varies with every person.
With the many different situations in life, come the many contributions to loneliness.

So what is the answer to loneliness? I believe that what keeps me going in this upside down world I live in, is knowing that God is with me.
As the prophet Isaiah brings out in our text; we can depend upon God's presence, strength, help and support.

When I feel alone, the path of prayer, leads me to feel God's embrace, and His assurance that He is with me in every moment of my life.
With people, the consistency of being close is not sure, but with the Lord, it can, and will always be, a sure experience. The Lord is just a prayer away.

So if you are lonely this Christmas season, remember that the one that Christmas is all about, will always be Immanuel: God With Us! GP

 Photo ID 56814109 © Katarzyna Bialasiewicz | Dreamstime.com