Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Passion Or Principle?

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16) Lately this has been a problem for me. I have let my emotions rule my actions. I have had the Holy Spirit really speak to my heart through the Word of God, and reveal to me, that what I was doing was wrong. No one should act upon their feelings, that is not backed by the principles of God's Word. In the midst of stress, and frustration, it is easy to be compulsive, and say and do things that lead to a path of negative results. Why do we have God's Word, if we are not going follow it's direction in our lives? After I realized what I was doing, I felt very ashamed as a Christian, and as a pastor, who each week shares how important it is to follow the principles of God's Word.
"Do not conform to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:2) How do we renew our minds? By applying God's Word to every situation in our lives. By following our own thoughts and passions, we fail to walk according to the Holy Spirit. Instead we choose to walk according to the flesh! GP