Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, October 9, 2015

Our Caretaker!

"O Come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand." (Psalm 95:6-7) As Christians, I wonder, do we look at ourselves as being "the people of God's pasture, and the sheep of His hand?" Or do we look at ourselves as being independent of any one's care; holding on to an attitude of self-sufficiency? It is sad to say, but I would venture to say that a lot of Christians (even though they profess the name of Christ) do not want to be submitted to the care of Christ. Their lives show that they want to care for themselves, and they want to be the captain of their own ship. But in the process of time and trial, we come to appreciate these words of Jesus when He said: "Come to Me, all you who labor, and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly of heart. And you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30) How foolish to try and take the reign of our lives, when we know the Lord can, and will, do a better job of taking care of us. We know that life requires a yoke of responsibility and burden. And at times, it gets very heavy. But our yoke becomes easier, because we have the Lord to help us bear it. With every step He teaches us, encourages us, strengthens us. And as we journey through this life, we feel peace and hope with every step. Now that's the kind of caretaker I want in my life. How about you? GP
Photo: ID 45595527 © Tyler Olson | Dreamstime.com