Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Good Fig

"Then the Lord said to me, "What do you see Jeremiah?" And I said, "Figs, the good figs, very good; and the bad, very bad, which cannot be eaten, they are so bad." (Jeremiah 24:3) Jeremiah had a vision that presented an illustration of both productivity, and destruction. The good and bad figs brought forth a message that is true of all man-kind, not just the nation of Israel. There are those who are like the good figs, useful, and productive for God. And then there are the bad figs, that are rotten and nauseous. I hope and pray that I am like a good fig, providing through my character and activity the good things of God. That I will do, as John tells all of us to do, and that is to "bear much fruit" (John 15:5) In a world, where there is much that is selfish, and rotten, and in the long run, destructive, may we be to God, and to others, like a fruit that is necessary, productive, and encouraging. Life is better for others, because we are there, and we are contributing to their well-being. I am so thankful for the positive, supportive people in my life. Let's strive to be this to others as well. When we do, the garden of life, will be beautiful! GP