Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, February 12, 2024

Our Remembered Gift Of Love (Matthew 26:6-13)


Our Remembered Gift Of Love 

"The smell of perfumed body powder filled the hospital room. A smile dissolved the worried look on my mother's face. "Is it one of my birthday presents?" she asked. "Yes" I answered, and reminded her of her 90th birthday. A nurse interrupted our conversation. "This is the best smelling room in the hospital" she said. Glancing at the body powder, she added; "Expensive stuff - to be used sparingly" "No, not sparingly - lavishly," I responded, fighting back the tears. I knew that this act of kindness might be the last I would do for my mother. The look of love and appreciation on my mother's face expressed all the confirmation I needed. Mother agreed with me. When I read the story of the woman who poured perfume on Jesus' head, I remember my mother, and the perfumed body powder. I know that God approves, when we love lavishly."
(By Norma P. Marroquin)

In Matthew 26:13 Jesus says of the woman(who in John 12:1-8 is a reference to Mary) who poured the expensive oil on Him, that: "wherever the gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her." Someone has written that "Love is not love, if it nicely calculates the costs. If it gives its all, and its only regret is that it has not still more to give." I don't believe that there are very few times when the gift of love has not been remembered.

To give of ourselves 100% in love and sacrifice, will not be taken lightly, especially by our Lord Jesus Christ. He will never forget. And gifts of love in time and good deeds, will not be forgotten as well. If there is one thing that I have found to be true, it is the fact that people want to be cared about. They appreciate it when you take the time to show that you care. "They won't care how much you know, until they know how much you care." Let's love lavishly, and be blessed abundantly! (GP)