Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, November 6, 2017

Help Of The Holy Spirit

"He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you." (John 16:14-15) 

 I wonder how many times this question has been asked? "How can I come to know the will of God for my life?" I am so glad that I am not left alone to decide what is best for me, for my present state, and for the future.

Although there are many (including myself) who just go ahead and step ahead of the Lord, and decide what is best for our lives. We don't allow the Holy Spirit to speak the will of our Lord Jesus Christ for our lives.
We just jump ahead, pursue our will and way, and then find ourselves very disappointed with the results.

Jesus had told His disciples that He was going away. He spoke to them concerning His death, and that He would be going back to His Father. And this brought much sorrow to them.

Jesus said to them: "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you." (v.7)

 As Christians, we have been given a precious gift. The gift is the Holy Spirit, who will reveal to us what the Lord Jesus' will is for us. But we must give the Holy Spirit time to do so. Let's not jump to conclusions, or step ahead the Holy Spirit's leading.

A key word that we see in the Psalms is the word "wait" (Psalm 37:7) which is a good word for us in coming to know what God's will is for us. Let's never try to take life on by ourselves, when we have the help of the Holy Spirit! Let's wait for Him to reveal what the Lord would have us to be, and to do! GP

Photo: Dreamstime.com