Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Who Owns Us?

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." 
(Galatians 2:20) 

Would you rather rent a home, or own one? When you rent a home, your landlord is in charge of the maintenance of the house, and providing insurance in case of fire, or damage of any kind. It can be quite expensive. And if you own your home, you have all this expense.

When I apply this to our spiritual lives, I am so glad that I belong to Jesus. The Apostle Paul in our text uses the analogy of crucifixion to explain His spiritual status with the Lord Jesus Christ. When Paul gave his life to the Lord Jesus Christ, he gave is whole life. "I have been crucified with Christ" In essence he is saying that his life of self interests and selfish pursuits is gone, dead. When he wrote this, his life was focused on living totally for the Lord Jesus Christ, and allowing Him to be Lord, and in total control.

As Christians we should be glad that the Lord Jesus, is calling the shots in our lives. That He is in the driver's seat of our lives, and not us.
How many times have we been in trouble because we didn't know what was right. We made decisions that caused so much stress, and despair.

The key to a well balanced life in our journey is "faith." Faith in the one who loves us, and gave Himself up for us." How glad we should be that Jesus owns our souls, and will direct us, and care for us, now, and for all eternity! GP

 PublicDomainPictures / 18042 images - CCO Public Domain - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com