Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, May 8, 2017

What Is Prayer To You?

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" (Matthew 7:11) 

There are many who struggle with this verse of Scripture. If it is something that we feel would be in line with God's will for our lives, or the lives of others, why doesn't God grant our petition?
If someone we know is struggling with a terminal disease, and we prayed that God would heal them, but God doesn't; what good is prayer? Are we wasting our time with prayer?

As a child of God, I have to remember that God has a plan for all of man-kind, and He has a plan for me. When I stop and count my blessings,
I realize that God has blessed me with a number of wonderful blessings.

The Son of God encouraged us to ask, to knock, and to seek the will of the Heavenly Father.(Matthew 7:7-8) What we will be given, what door will be opened to us, and what we will find, may not be in line with our will for our lives, or the lives of others.

But as children of God, you can count on the fact that our heavenly Father will provide for us, what is good, and what is necessary. I cannot begin to explain the mysteries of God, and His providence. But one thing I know, that when I pray, I am praying to the one who loves me so much, that He was willing to give His best (His Son) so that I could have His best. Those precious eternal blessings that no one can take away!

Prayer for me is a a feeling of the presence of God with me, and a confirmation, that He will take care of me, no matter what!
What is prayer to you?

Philippians 4:6-7 GP

 PublicDomainPictures / 18043 images - CCO Public Domain - Free for commercial use - No attribution required.