Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Boundaries

"The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Yes, I have a good inheritance." (Psalm 16:6) 

A boundary is something that separates two things. Walls and fences are examples of material boundaries. There are boundaries in family relationships as well.

I realize that in society (especially society today) children are not taught concerning proper family boundaries.
It is hard to get a grasp on it, if relationships in the family have been damaged in a number of negative ways.

Growing up as I did, the relationship you had with your parents was priority. Even if you didn't get along with your parents, you respected the place they had in your life, and you worked as hard as you could to make those relationships, as good as they could be.

We all have our roles in the family. We are fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins. It is to the benefit of the family, that we understand where our priorities should be, in these relationships; so that life in the family, is not one of selfishness and resentment, but one of peace and joy.

When the Psalmist says: "The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places" I think of the family, and I think about where God is to be in my life.
Of course, He is to come first. I am His child. I am to be a son to my parents, a grandson to my grandparents, a brother to my siblings, a husband to my wife, a father to my children. These are my priority pleasant places, where honor, respect, and nurture, is to be given.
And as time is given, encouragement to the extended family.

Let's not overstep our boundaries, and cause jealousy and hurt.
But let's be where God has called us to be, and together reap the wonderful blessings of right relationships, according to God's plan and design. GP

 Photo: werner22brigette / 4594 images - CCO Public Domain - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com